Features Update

We have rolled out more features and have more coming…

More items from a seller:

Many of you have asked to be able to see all of the items that are listed by a seller instead of just 3.  When looking at a listing and the seller has more than three other items listed you see a link on the right hand side that says more Items from this Seller.  See the screenshot below.  Click on that link to see all the items from that seller.

Shipping Estimator

You’ll now notice on listings that zip codes have a blue link which will take you to the shipping estimator.  Simply click the zip code and you’ll be brought to a form where you can enter your zip code and get estimates on shipping.  Remember, that we do our best to estimate shipping but you should always check with the seller before calculating final costs.

Some other things we’re working on:

1. Search by members name and look-up all the items they’re selling.
  2. Showing and organizing of listings by category names.
  3. Easy ability to search and organize your selling, buying, sold, bought and expired items.

We are looking forward to bringing this too you soon.

Regarding comments:  We are reading all your comments but had to shut off automatic posting as users were posting their username and password in comments.  We hope to have comments turned back on soon but our main focus is on customer service at this time.

45 thoughts on “Features Update

1. joe a says:

BOOKMARKS, keeping track of an item, watching an item… Take your pick, just reinstate this feature or a similar feature. I wouild have bought a few items these past three weeks if I could have watched and kept track of them. This is a very important feature. Agree? Thanks.

2. What do you do when you see that a person has bought your item but lives outside
    of the United Stat and you tell him you don’t to members outside the United States.
    A guy from Canada bought my Original Master Recording of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side
    of the Moon. I told him sorry but had to cancel my sell to him. Then I sold the record
    to someone else in the U.S.A. but you show that I sold it twice and probably charged
    me a fee twice. How do we cancel sales and delete items?

3. tttttt says:

Is there supposed to be an indication if I provide a counter offer to an offer on my item? I used the Counter dialog box but I have no indication in Marketplace or via email that I’ve made a counter offer. In fact, after I did this my item shows there are no offers on it at all. Very confusing.

• mfkeleher says:

The overall design is really an amateurish effort. Will professionals be brought in to fix it when all the regular users abandon the site. And ow do I get my unused balance returned – If I wont use a site, I dont expect my customers to either.

4. zip says:

please restore the zip code location when clicking on the seller’s zip code. As it is now, there is no way to tell what the city/state is for the zip.

I would rather have the location given than the shipping cost estimator …. the estimator is not accurate so not really very useful.

• Ron says:

yes, what about the “zip code search”? I went from searching every day to see what is around me for sale to never searching and never buying. If I can’t drive to buy personally I won’t buy at all especially on high dollar items and that is what this site is about right?

• Thank you for taking a moment to give us feedback. We have listened to the community and will be rolling out a more inclusive zip code search option shortly. We appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the AudiogoN Member experience.

5. Joe Figueroa says:

I”ve bought about six items here on Audiogon but your records now show only one item bought. Also missing are all my feedbacks.

6. Dave (corazon) says:

Just found my answer re: for sale items by member.
    Used to like the browse function for most popular manufacturers. Brought up for sale items by members for that manufacturer. Coming back?

7. Randy says:

I have been patiently waiting for the new site to work into shape, but remain frustrated with its’ complexity especially the loss of the ease of browsing that the old site offered. My use of the site has dropped off 90% and I’m sure many, many other A goner’s are in this boat. Are you committed irrevocably to the new site in favor of the old one?

8. Robert Ontjes says:

Would love to see the ability to search via 3 or 4 numbers of a zip rather than the complete 5 numbers (this was available previously). Also would like to be able to post more than 1 classified and pay for them in one wallop rather than having to pay for each listing before listing the next item. Again, on the previous site, you could select paying $20 and having an account set up per se for future listings.

9. Greg Peyton says:

After MANY days of not being able to manage my account, or post an ad, it seems like this will never end. I can navigate Audiogons’ new site, but I have already had to move my sales(temporarily i hope) to other sites. I was able to buy on item a week ago, but that is all. Now, I can’t do anything past ‘sign in’.

10. PAUL BURGESS says:

I AM REALLY CONCERNED AS A LONG TIME AUDIOGON USER WITH THE NEW SYSTEM.

I REALLY LIKE THE NEW FORMAT AND NICE LAY OUT.

BUT NO ONE TELLS WHEN I HAVE SOLD SOMETHING.

THIS HAS HAPPENED 3 X NOW IN YOUR NEW SYSTEM.

THAT NO ONE TELLS ME MY ITEM IS SOLD…ALL I WANT IS AN EMAIL PLEASE.

I DONT GET AN EMAIL SO I HAVE NO IDEA A BUYER IS WANTING TO PAY ME.

I NEED AN EMAIL PLEASE AS I DONT ALWAYS REMEMBER TO CHECK MY SELL BOX.

THE BUYER IS REALLY ANGRY WITH ME THINKING THAT I AM IGNORING HIM.

I DONT EVEN KNOW HE IS THERE.

I HAVE NEARLY LOST SALES DUE TO THIS.

EBAY ALWAYS SENDS ME AN EMAIL WHEN SOMETHING HAS SOLD.

EBAY ALWAYS TELLS ME WHEN I NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS GOING TO CHANGE.

SURELY IT IS NOT A MARKETING SCAM TO MAKE ME LOOK AT AUDIOGON ALL THE TIME.

REGARDS

PAUL BURGESS

PS : EXCUSE CAPITOLS …I AM NOT SHOUTING …IT JUST THAT I CAN TYPE FASTER.

11. Bob says:

What the hell? I have $48 dollars in my account yet I can’t put up an ad? It sends me to credit card or paypal when I already have money in an Audiogon account!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see why everyone is bitching about the site. 😦

12. Bruce says:

Dear whowever you are…..

Your so-called “new and improved features” are much less than the minimum standards we individual Audiogon advertisers/buyers have come to expect. Your blogs, promises and excuses are patronizing. It is obvious your best interests far outweigh those of your customers’ and end-users’. You may be able to offer short-term solutions but I fear you have lost many long-term loyalists. It will never be the same for me. Your mis-steps have given me a chance to pause, catch my breath and learn to accept my existing audio equipment. Now, I really want is a new, pre-owned $40,000 Lexus. Screw the new and improved audio system. Thanks for stubbing your toe. It’s the best thing that ever happened to my wife and my checkbook.

Good luck, whoever you are…..

13. Joe Martelli says:

This is a fraudulent message sent to me- please remove this clown:
    gtrservice asked the following question about “Canary Audio CA980 ”:

Hello, I saw your advert on here, Am interested in buying it asap, What is your final asking price I will be paying you through certified check if we can reach terms and agreement, Email me back to gtrservices01@yahoo.com, I don’t really come on these site. How much will i have to send to you. I have a company that takes care of my my Consignment for me anywhere in the State. Am presently in WA for a meeting in my Organization, I will be here till next week Monday. I can mail out payment to you asap. What is your full information to have payment sent out to?. Best Regards Gary Raymond

14. harry champagne says:

i still can’t login in to my account after sending emails and changing my
    password. tring to resend my comfermation email.i have 2 classified ads now on
    your site.why don’t you show a little professionalism and help me login to my
    account. username is hglen

15. Tony says:

Why are ads for sold items immediately removed? It is very informative to see that info at least until the ad expires. Lets me know if something I own is moving and worth making a sales ad for. Thanks.

• richard says:

What the heck does that mean!? Can you guys answer a simple question? Billy asked a direct question and its one that is consistently being avoided. There is near consensus among your customers that they would like to be able to contact one another via email. People will figure a way to get around your fee no matter what you do, it’s the nature of business. The majority of members are not that type of folk and this is why you made a very good profit to date. This reaction is paranoid and unnecessary, assuming that is why you removed the email function..

16. randolph32 says:

I liked the capability to watch or have handy items that interest me but didn’t want to buy right away, any chance you’re adding that feature again?

17. harley52 says:

Well, now I see I’m not alone with being very frustrated with the new look to A-gon. I said it before and I’ll say it again, the site looks amateur and not people friendly in any way.
    The old site I feel was as perfect as a site could be. Very people friendly. Why would you want to change the site for anything other than for sake of change. Which you posted that very reason as being why you did change the site. This is really sad.

18. Paul says:

I have been with Audiogon for a LONG time. I can’t say like the the new site but if it had just one more feature I would be happy. I have gotten to the point where I am happy with my equipment , but I like to experiment if the seller is local. I used to search by the first two or three zip code digits but that no longer works. If it would be easier, just enable us to search by CITY. How hard can that be?