Here are the answers to some of the most common questions about Audiogon listings.
What kind of listing options do I have?
Audiogon offers 3 listing options from which to choose based on your needs: Basic, Premium, and Music/Media.
- Basic listings: $4 to list, plus 2% transaction fee of item’s sale price (only if item sells; minimum fee $2 / maximum fee $195). Buyers are allowed to use PayPal for item purchase.
- Premium listings: No transaction fee; buyers may use all payment types for item purchase
- Music/Media/Software: Free to list; 2% transaction fee of item’s sale price (only if item sells; minimum fee $2 / maximum fee $195). Buyers may use all payment types for item purchase.
What are the benefits of choosing a Premium listing?
- Only pay a one-time flat fee when you list. Zero transaction fees.
- Include your contact information in the item description
- Add up to 16 photos – that’s 10 more than a Basic listing
- Rich Text (html) formatting in your item description
- Upgrade your listing at a discount – only $20 for Featured/Bold!
- Quick View will automatically be enabled so prospective buyers can simply click on a button to see your item’s details right from the browsing screen.
The Premium listing fees are based on my item’s price; what if I see my item above/below that price? Will I get a refund or have to pay more?
No, you are only charged one time for your listing at time of entry. The price of your Premium listing is determined by your listing sale price.
What if my Premium listing doesn’t sell?
If your listing does not sell within the set amount of time (30 days for Classified, 3-14 days for Auction), you may relist for free by choosing the option on your Expired page.
Do my buyers have to use PayPal only for Basic listings?
Yes, your buyers must complete the financial transaction using PayPal, which will allow for credit cards, e-checks, and withdrawals from their PayPal accounts. It is common for sellers to add the PayPal fee into the sale price of their item.
Can I purchase listing “credits” good towards future listings?
Not at this time. Listings are completed on a one by one basis. You may, however, add funds to your account to “bank” for future use, but these funds will not be designated “listing only.”
As always, if you have any further questions about listing or anything else to do with Audiogon.com, please email us here.